Here are 17 Interesting Facts About Vietnam a country that is not only fascinating and fun to travel, but also very cheap and safe!
1. Vietnam is the largest exporter of cashews in the world, and the second largest exporter of rice.
2. Instead of bells, traditional gongs are used to call the Vietnamese children to school.
3. Although Vietnam is a developing country, it has a literacy rate of 94%.
4. Among all developing countries, Vietnam has one of the lowest unemployment rates.
5. You can find a B52 American Bomber Wreck in Vietnam’s West Lake.
6. An estimated ten million motor bikes travel on the roads of Vietnam every day.
7. Ruou ran (snake wine), a Vietnamese specialty of rice wine with a pickled snake inside, allegedly can cure any sickness.
8. The most common surname in Vietnam is Nguyen.
9. The Vietnamese keep potbelly pigs as pets.
10.The Vietnamese language has six different tones. A change in tone changes the meaning of the word. This makes their language somewhat difficult to learn.
11. Vietnam is about 8 times the size of Switzerland
12. Iced tea is free in most restaurants. Some have hot tea; others have both.
13. When Vietnamese drink tea or water (or anything), they always leave 5 to 10% in the cup after drinking. They don’t empty their cups.
14. Vietnamese don’t take a shower in the morning. They take a shower/ bath in the evening
15. The Vietnamese wear helmet not to be SAFE on the roads but in order not to be FINED by the police/traffic officers
16. The locals ask your age, nationality and marital status on the first meeting.
17. Vietnamese is the only language in East Asia that uses the Latin alphabet
HELP KEEP ME ON THE ROAD! DONATE HERE!