Zurich Switzerland is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and a world leader in the financial industry. If you have a “Swiss bank account” it will likely be here. After making your deposit, you will want to visit these other attractions. The things to do in Zurich are endless as they are unique, and the Zurich attractions will blow you away!
One of things that shocked me at the beginning, was seeing people drinking straight out of public water fountains! Yep, the big water fountains on most main streets are shooting clean drinkable water into the air, or cascading down the levels of the fancy fountains. I did search or a Swiss chocolate fountain, but no luck yet.
10 Things to do in Zurich
1. Bahnnofstrasse is a street to walk down just to see how the rich and famous live. With underground bank vaults and elite shops that sell anything you can imagine, the place simply smells of money! Worth spending an afternoon to see. You will feel posh yourself, and notice how orderly and clean everything is! Lots of nice and shiny Zurich attractions here.
2. Old Town (Altstadt) is the area to go for more shopping where you will also see the typical old-school European architecture and get more traditional foods and such. This is one of the musts, when it comes to the things to do in Zurich (I know I say that about every old town in Europe, but its true!). When you visit Zurich, this should be on top of the list.
3. Great Church is a beautiful, historic church where you can also climb the tower and get an amazing panoramic view of the city, and Zurich is a city you will want to get that great panoramic shot of. You can see the whole beautiful city, and your friends will love your photos from when you visit Zurich!
4. Church of Our Lady was built in the 9th century and is famous for its graceful spire that was added in 1732. Just another pretty and iconic Zurich attraction you should have on your list of must-visits.
5. Swiss National Museum features everything from medieval to religious frescoes, weapons and Swiss clockmaking dating back to the 4th century BC.
6. The Museum of Art is one of the best in the city, with works that include Picasso, Kandinsky, Chagall and Munch. If you are an art lover, these are the Zurich attractions you are coming to see.
7. The Zurich Zoo is considered by travel experts to be one of the top zoos in all of Europe, with more than 2000 animals from many geographic areas. It also features a petting zoo for the kids. Taking a visit while in Zurich is a good idea, once you get tired of all the chocolate tastings and fancy clothes shopping.
8. While spending time at Lake Zurich, be sure to visit the Zurich Opera House, a grand historic building that has fantastic productions to be enjoyed by people of all ages. The building alone is worth a visit, with its beauty and history, bu taking in a production makes it even more fun.
9. For a truly unique dining experience, Blindekuh is the place to go. It is run in complete darkness by visually impaired people so that your share the experience with them.
10. Zeughauskeller is a huge beer hall that specialized in 20 different sausages, potato salads and a great time! Eventually all visiting Zurich end up here! OR they should!
11. Take a bath at Seebad Enge. This trendy, adults only bath includes massage, yoga, kung fu, Sunday-night sauna and more. When weather is good, its open until midnight. One of the more relaxing Zurich attractions.
12. Take a boat tour of the city. From the Landesmuseum station, you can get on a 51 passenger boat that will take you on a one hour tour of Zurich, passing under the seven bridges over the Limmat, Just another way to see the city and another of the fun things to do in Zurich.
13. Take a train up the Uetliberg Mountain. From the main station the SZU takes you to the top of the mountain overlooking the city. From here you can climb to the observation point and see the best views of Zurich. You can get that awesome panoramic photos from all directions. You can even take the cable car down to Adliswil, and then the train back to Zurich from there, making this a long day of photo-friendly scenes and great things to do in Zurich.
14. Get a free bike and do your own city tour. The city offers free bike rentals. Just leave a small deposit and get a bike at one of the Züri rollt containers. Maybe take a ride around the beautiful lake, around the city, or visit any and all of the Zurich attractions. Free bikes-how progressive!
Planning on visiting Zurich? To find the best hotels and prices in Zurich I use Hotels Combined. I am also an affiliate, so if you book through my site I could get a small commission! Click HERE to find hotels in Zurich.