Luckily for me, one of my other loves in this world are warm sandy beaches, preferably on an island. Needless too say, this goes hand in hand with most of the worlds best diving! And when it comes to that, Cozumel Mexico has all the ingredients I love. On my most recent visit to the island, I stayed at Hotel Hermanos Aguilar which I was grateful for their central location, and nearness to everything I needed. During me 4 day visit I crammed in as much diving as I could, with as big a variety as possible. From Cozumel beaches to drift dives with huge barracuda, to formations with giant eagle rays and even a ship wreck thrown in, I definitely had enough to keep me busy. I dove with Scuba Club Cozumel, which has to be the nicest dive center on the island with great guides and boats. Anyways, here is a preview of some of the great things I saw, and just in case you were wondering, here are 10 reasons to Dive Cozumel!
1. You can go digging in the sand for clams with a giant eagle ray.
2. Hunt for pirates of the Caribbean, or at least their old ship wrecks
3. Hang out with giant lobsters that could swallow your family poodle.
4. You can play hide and seek with a highly qualified octopus
5. Get the chance to recommend a good orthodontist to a parrot fish
6. TRY to make friends with a stuck up turtle that always has its nose in the air.
7. Get kissing lessons from a real pro: A yellow box fish.
8. Make fun of a barracuda the size of your couch, for having funny buck-teeth